Sunday 6 September 2009

macha froth

I'm craving a really good cup of macha today. The kind that you can make yourself in Ippodo in Kyoto and you can drink along with a delicious Japanese sweet. It looks just like this pic from Ippodo too. All frothy and gorgeous green. I think the craving is because I had a late night and for me a cup of good macha is a tonic like the way some people eat big greasy breakfasts. Weird I know but it works for me. So does the Ippodo website. It's too cute for words. So I've taken a few illustrations from it to share with you here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I have no idea what it tastes like but that colour is just exquisite! :) K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the colour just wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just came back from a holiday in Vietnam, but you know what? when i was exhausted after walking all day long at the end of the day i was craving for macha!! and when i came home i forgot that i wanted one and now i remember! so thank you for reminding me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great! the colour of macha....i must be honest and say that i don;t think have ever craved macha per se...but i do love the way it looks, and everything that goes with it! the ippodo illustrations are tre cute!

    ReplyDelete