Sunday 13 February 2011

blue

banksia pod in blue
banksia pod in blue
banksia pod in blue
And then there was blue.....
But screen printed this time. Once again on 100% flax coloured linen tea towels. I cut a stencil by hand and modified the design just a little so it could be screen printed. I've decided to call this design banksia pod because it was inspired by some ink paintings of pods I did last year. M just told me these work really well with our kitchen colours. But I am letting them go: if you fancy them they're in the shop now.

8 comments:

  1. the red one I liked a lot but this blue one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very lovely, Kylie - you're such a versatile artist across so many mediums :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love linen and I LOVE the cup! Did you pick it up in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh yes. this blue looks fantastic on the linen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! Jason - yes I bought the cup in Kyoto. It's one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the exaggerated banksia pod design. Banksias feature in a lot of my work too.
    The Angie Lewin book order was made based on your review. Too true. I am weak.
    And enjoy PJs album. I have it on preorder based on Bruce Elder's 4.5 star review, out of five, in the Sydney Morning Herald this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are lovely {sorry i seem to miss posts when the internet is at the end of the monthly thing}.
    wondering what you are up to tomorrow. . . hope it goes well. the whether was a bit weird and flat like today too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete